Adding value by quantifying stress
Accurate and precise quantification of stress, chronic stress in particular, can be an added value to your research or business:
- Optimizing and improving sustainability in aquaculture and husbandry.
- Monitoring the impact of anthropogenic activities on wild stocks.
- Objectively assessing welfare of (ornamental) species in aquaculture, wildlife, public aquaria and laboratory settings.
- Implementing of a welfare quality label so efforts of farmers investing in an animal friendly production can be valorized.
- Providing the consumer with reliable product information with respect to animal welfare.
- Helping governments to decide on sustainable production, environmental and welfare issues.
- And much more.
What we can do for you
We add considerable value and make our research and expertise available to a large variety of sectors, government and institutes.
Our services regarding neuro-endocrinology and stress physiology in particular include:
- Scientific services.
- A full package of validated analyses.
- Experimental fish facilities.
- Expert advice.
Whether you want to improve the productive performance of your fish, optimize your farm conditions or gain a better understanding of the overall welfare and performance of fish or other vertebrates; the Stress Physiology Research Group is a clear and added value in accomplishing your goals.
Continuous Quality Assured
The Stress Physiology Research Group has state-of-the-art laboratory and experimental facilities and works according the criteria of the international standards 5S, ISO 17025, ISO14001, and ISO 45001, respectively, to guarantee the quality of experiments, analyses, and services. We work strictly confidential and ensure full traceability. We use state-of-the-art equipment to perform our analyses and make use of the highest quality chemicals and consumables. All results are clearly reported making them applicable in daily practice and operational management.
We are active on a global scale making our expertise available to a large variety of sectors and organizations including but not limited to: